Have you ever noticed some of the more interesting things that many survival fiction novels have in common? If not, here’s a list to get you started.
- One of your immediate neighbors will usually turn out to be the bad guy who somehow raises an army of thugs intent on threatening your existence.
- Your neighborhood always has a retired gunnery sergeant who immediately implements state of the art security protocols for your group.
- One of your neighbors always has an unlimited metal supply such as steel or copper, etc., is a welder and also has better weaponry than most soldiers actually use.
- The main character can be outnumbered and outgunned and even surrounded but will still manage to escape while killing a large percentage of the enemy force.
- While trying to survive in the most dire circumstances the main character still has time to have sex with his wife frequently.
- Everyone becomes an instant expert on everything.
- Someone in the group always has enough food stockpiled to feed the entire neighborhood for at least two years.