The following are some tips to keep you safe when traveling or living in the city.
- Maintain situational awareness at all times. Know who is around you and what they are doing.
- Trust your gut instincts. If something feels wrong; most likely it is wrong.
- Never open the door to strangers.
- Keep doors, windows and garages securely locked.
- Big barking dogs are good deterrents against thieves and muggers.
- Keep your wallet in your front pocket or inside your jacket.
- Never walk by yourself at night and stay away from bad neighborhoods and high crime areas.
- Have a fully charged cell phone with you at all times.
- Know the locations of your nearest hospitals, police stations, fire departments and major hotels.
- If you are being chased yelling fire will often get you a quicker response then yelling help.
- Avoid talking to strangers on the street and avoid being herded towards alleys or blind spots.
- Use the reflections in store windows to unobtrusively observe if you are being followed.
- Obtain your permit to carry a firearm and practice at the range on a regular basis.
- Stay away from alleyways or cars when rounding a street corner.
- Project a strong, confident, hard target image.
- Muggers, thieves and rapists often display tell tale signs before they attack; if you see abnormal behaviors or body language from someone approaching you, get to a safe area immediately.
You can get a free preview of my first two post apocalyptic fiction books by clicking on the book cover images to the left of this blog post, on my blog page, which will take you to the Amazon.com website. Then you can click on the look inside option which will give you a free preview. If my survival fiction books interest you; then consider purchasing them. Book titles include American Rebellion Book 1 of the Revolution and American Rebellion Book 2 of the Revolution.