Keeping in mind that a survival situation will effect everyone’s survival and not just yours, it is important to minimize your struggles in order to maximize your survival chances. The following are some important considerations.
- Allow extra time to accomplish your goals during a disaster as it will usually take longer to get to your destination, complete your plan or project, etc.
- Information is critical so use it to your advantage. Make sure it is up to date and accurate.
- Have sufficient modes of transportation and reserve fuel for yourself, your family and your supplies.
- Utilize all available skills as needed and keep an accurate inventory of your gear, food and other resources.
- Security, security, security. Increase your security level as disasters will often bring out the worst in people. Your security and safety is critical.
There are three types of folks. Those who will do nothing to prepare for their survival and immediately surrender to circumstances, those who will do whatever it takes to survive even if their actions are immoral and unethical and those who will do what is necessary to survive while retaining their morals and ethics. Try to be part of the 3rd type of folks.
If things do get bad you need to be prepared to defend yourself not only for your own survival but for those other family members who may also be depending upon you for their survival. It can be a dangerous world when disaster strikes so be prepared.
You can get a free preview of my first two post apocalyptic fiction books by clicking on the book cover images to the left of this blog post, on my blog page, which will take you to the Amazon.com website. Then you can click on the look inside option which will give you a free preview. If my survival fiction books interest you; then consider purchasing them. Book titles include American Rebellion Book 1 of the Revolution and American Rebellion Book 2 of the Revolution.