With the snowpocalypse keeping many of us inside in the Northeast; here are 5 gun projects you can consider trying to do, to pass the time, while you are waiting to get back out to the range.
- Set up your Mosin Nagant 1891/30 into a scout/sniper configuration by removing the wooden stock and replacing it with a synthetic one. Then add a scope mounting system to replace the rear sight and set up a long eye relief fixed power scope, then add a bipod.
- Set up your Yugo SKS into a scoped configuration by removing the wooden stock and replacing it with a synthetic one. Then add a scope mounting system and a variable powered scope. Don’t forget to add a shell deflector as the Yugo SKS ejects straight up and not to the right. You can also add a bipod for shooting stability and remove the fixed magazine and replace it with a removable duck bill magazine.
- Set up your AR-15 with carry handle to be able to use both the iron sights and a scope mounted on top of the carry handle. I’ll give you a hint to help you here. Find a piece of plastic pipe and split it in half and glue a rubber riser to the top; then fasten it to the AR-15 stock by snapping it on. Mine rotates so by turning it an 1/8th of a click to the right, my cheek rests perfectly against the stock for use with the iron sights. By turning it back an 1/8th of a click; the riser gives me enough cheek weld to use the scope that is mounted above the carry handle.
- For rifles that need a flash suppressor you can make a homemade one by measuring the circumference of the barrel and then buying a slightly larger piece of black, metal plumbing pipe; and cutting it to size. Then bond it with industrial strength glue and slip it over the barrel until it dries in place.
- For your shotguns you can add extra shell carriers to both the stock and the opposite side of the ejection port, add ghost ring sights and install a heat deflector over the barrel. You can also add a flashlight mount and flashlight to the shotgun tube.
You can get a free preview of my first three post apocalyptic fiction books by clicking on the book cover images to the left of this blog post, on my blog page, which will take you to the Amazon.com website. Then you can click on the look inside option which will give you a free preview. If my survival fiction books interest you; then consider purchasing them. Book titles include American Rebellion Book 1 of the Revolution, American Rebellion Book 2 of the Revolution and American Rebellion Book 3 of the Revolution.