One of my readers asked me if I would once again address this topic so I’ll take another run at it as requested. In order to be better prepared to protect yourself; be aware of the warning signs that usually signal that an attack by a criminal is imminent.
- When someone invades your personal space, by standing too close, especially when there aren’t many people around. What they are doing is closing the distance between you and them for a potential attack.
- Asking you a question like do you have the time or do you have change for a dollar. What they are doing is evaluating your situational awareness and sizing you up as a potential target.
- If someone is walking towards you and their hands are hidden; especially behind their backs, your radar should be up telling you that something is wrong.
- Coordinated motion; if you cross the street and they cross the street, if you stop walking and they stop walking; you are being positioned for an attack.
- Glances are another tell-tale sign. If someone is constantly glancing around to see if they are being watched it is a good indication that they are up to no good. What they are doing is making sure there are no potential witnesses before they attack.
- If someone directly in front of you starts shifting their weight look out for an attack. Weight shifting is generally done so that they can deliver a maximum knockout punch before assaulting or robbing you.
- Herding occurs when a criminal tries to manuever or lure you to an isolated place. If you feel like you are being steered away from people to a dark or deserted area; do not go, period.
- Never flash money or expensive jewelry in public. You never know who might be watching and decide to make you a target.
- Always be situationally aware.
You can get a free preview of my first three post apocalyptic fiction books by clicking on the book cover images to the left of this blog post, on my blog page, which will take you to the Amazon.com website. Then you can click on the look inside option which will give you a free preview. If my survival fiction books interest you; then consider purchasing them. Book titles include American Rebellion Book 1 of the Revolution, American Rebellion Book 2 of the Revolution and American Rebellion Book 3 of the Revolution.