The following are some tips to keep you safe when traveling or living in the city.
- Maintain situational awareness at all times. Know who is around you and what they are doing.
- Trust your gut instincts. If something feels wrong; most likely it is wrong.
- Never open the door to strangers.
- Keep doors, windows and garages securely locked.
- Big barking dogs are good deterrents against thieves and muggers.
- Keep your wallet in your front pocket or inside your jacket.
- Never walk by yourself at night and stay away from bad neighborhoods and high crime areas.
- Have a fully charged cell phone with you at all times.
- Know the locations of your nearest hospitals, police stations, fire departments and major hotels.
- If you are being chased yelling fire will often get you a quicker response then yelling help.
- Avoid talking to strangers on the street and avoid being herded towards alleys or blind spots.
- Use the reflections in store windows to unobtrusively observe if you are being followed.
- Obtain your permit to carry a firearm and practice at the range on a regular basis.
- Stay away from alleyways or cars when rounding a street corner.
- Project a strong, confident, hard target image.
- Muggers, thieves and rapists often display tell tale signs before they attack; if you see abnormal behaviors or body language from someone approaching you, get to a safe area immediately.
- Be prepared to defend yourself.
You can take a look at some of my apocalyptic, zombie, or horror fiction books on the left side of my blog page by clicking on the book cover images. You will then be taken to the amazon website. If my books interest you then you can get your very own e-book copy for an incredibly low price. I hope you enjoy the read.