Most of you know that I am against gun control and the ridiculous measures legislatures continually try and pass. Here are some of the major reasons why gun control is wrong.
- Guns are used by law abiding American citizens in self defense approximately 2.5 million times per year or about 6,850 times per day. That equates to a lot more innocent citizens surviving and a lot more scumbag criminals being stopped.
- Concealed carry laws have reduced the murder and crime rate in all states where concealed carry laws have been passed.
- The 2nd Amendment protects the rights of individuals to keep and bear arms. The right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.
- Washington D.C. has the most restrictive gun laws in the nation and is frequently the leader in murder rates. While the murder rate in concealed carry states has decreased an average of between 36% and 49% Washington D.C.’s murder rate has increased 46%.
- More people die every year from motor vehicle accidents or sports related injuries then from accidental gun discharges yet you never see anyone trying to ban motor vehicles or sports.
- Gun control laws only disarm law abiding citizens. Thugs and criminals won’t obey them as they are deviants to begin with.
- Given a choice criminals prefer unarmed victims 100% of the time.
- Self defense is an individual responsibility which cannot be delegated to someone else. Firearms with proper training are the most effective form of self defense.