Still need convincing…….here are more reasons that gun control is wrong.
- Gun control laws only effect those who obey them. In other words while law abiding citizens would be forced to turn in their guns, criminals won’t. Gun control is every criminal’s dream. Criminals don’t obey laws which is why they are criminals.
- Where has gun control reduced crime? Nowhere. Places with the strictest gun control laws routinely see rising crime rates. See the previous bullet point for the explanation on why.
- The 2nd Amendment guarantees the right to keep and bear arms. You cannot handpick which amendments to follow and which ones to ignore.
- Automobiles kill far more people than guns. Imagine how you would feel if one day a law was passed that said you must turn in your car. A car that you worked hard for and paid for and by the passing of a new law was suddenly against the law to own.
- When it comes right down to it, your own self defense is up to you. The police are reactive meaning they show up after a crime has ocurred. If you are attacked your attacker is not going to stop to give you time to call 911 and wait for the police to arrive before they try and harm you. You have to defend yourself immediately against violent crime and a gun is the greatest self defense equalizer ever made.
- Gun control is incompatible with individual rights. It does nothing other than protect criminals and put law abiding citizens in a defenseless position.