Sometimes, many of us get so caught up in our AR-15 modifications that it is easy to overlook something so essential that it is well worth the $7.00 it costs to buy one. What is this essential tool that I am talking about? It’s an AR-15 Front Sight Adjustment tool. It’s easy to use and sure beats the old fashioned methods of depressing the detent with either the tip of a nail or the tip of a round of ammo in order to move the front sight either up or down. Using a front sight adjustment tool is quick and easy and is the best method going for quickly adjusting your front sight.
Archive for October, 2012
Tags: Apocalypse, AR-15, AR15, Armageddon, Doomsday, Firearms, Post Apocalyptic, Preparedness, Prepper, Prepping, Rifles, Self Reliance, SHTF, Survival, TEOTWAWKI, Weapons
Tags: Apocalypse, Armageddon, Disasters, Doomsday, Preparedness, Prepper, Prepping, Security, Self Reliance, SHTF, Survival, TEOTWAWKI
When it comes to being prepared, the following are some essentials you should not overlook.
- Keep your vehicles gas tanks full. When your gauge shows 3/4 full make sure you fill up again at that point. A full tank of gas has essential uses. Never let your gas tank run down; keep it topped off.
- Keep at least 10, 5 gallon gas containers full, in a cool dry garage location and use Stabil to increase their storage life. Date the cans so you know when the gas needs to be used by.
- Have a 10,000 watt backup generator available and have an electrician wire it so it is ready to run your house if the power is out. Have a secure, security chain applied and locked to a secure exterior portion of your home to keep it from being stolen.
- Keep a 3 months supply of food and water stored for each member of your family. Don’t forget about your pets.
- Keep a 3 months supply of all common battery sizes available.
- Have your well maintained firearms available with a sufficient quantity of ammunition for self defense purposes.
- Keep pre-cut plywood available for boarding up windows if needed.
- Have a charcoal grill with a sufficient supply of charcoal for emergency outdoor cooking.
- Firewood properly stored is another essential item along with a sufficient quantity of dry matches.
- Make sure your garage doors have backup locks and that all your window and door locks are fully functional.
- Brace your front and back doors with rigid, vertical suspension bars.
- Keep your communications gear/cell phones/radios and flashlights fully charged.
- Keep at least $100.00 in singles and $50.00 in coins readily available.
Tags: Alarm, Apocalypse, Armageddon, Doomsday, Home Invasion, Preparedness, Prepper, Prepping, Security, Self Reliance, Survival
Every home should have an early warning system for intruder detection through the front and back door, patio doors, garage door, etc. An inexpensive battery powered system which has worked well for me is the Doberman Mini Defender system. A 2 pack of this system generally runs for about 15 dollars.
Basically they are magnetically triggered alarms with an on/off switch, a chime switch (which I never use) and an alarm setting which omits a piercing 100db alarm for 30 seconds. I use the alarm setting which is very loud and will give you early warning that someone has breached your security.
The unit is smaller than a credit card and as an example, one end mounts to the door and the other end to the trim around the door at the same level, usually with about an inch of space between the pieces. The magnets sense each other and if a door is opened, the magnets are breached which sets off the alarm if the alarm setting has been pre-turned to the on position.
As the trim and the door in many homes are usually not flush I use layers of double sided tape to bring the recessed surface even with the higher surface, before mounting, so everything is flush and level. When defending your home anything which gives you an early warning, turns the advantage to your favor and gives you time to call 911 and bring your weapon into play for a defensive scenario.
Tags: Apocalypse, Armageddon, Doomsday, Firearms, Gun Control, Handguns, Home Defense, Preparedness, Prepper, Prepping, Self Reliance, Shooting, SHTF, Survival, TEOTWAWKI, Weapons
Why is shooting center mass and or head shots so important? In essence because it is combat effective. It stops assailants who are trying to harm you and your family, during a home invasion as an example, when the threat of death to you and yours is immediate and apparent. Head shots are an expedient way to end an attack as hitting the brain turns off the attackers ability to control his central nervous system. Head shots are generally more difficult then center mass shots as the head is a smaller target and tends to move around more than the torso area.
Center mass is essentially shots to the torso with the preferred location being high on the chest. These are easier shots to make than head shots as even if your aim is slightly off, you still have a good chance of hitting a vital organ and bringing the attack to an end. If your life or your families lives are in imminent danger, the primary focus is to stop the attack with a justifiable use of lethal force. After all your life is more important than some scumbags who is out there to rape or murder you with no regard for your life or the lives or your loved ones.
Tags: Apocalypse, AR-15, AR15, Armageddon, Conservatives, Doomsday, Firearms, Gun Owners, Preparedness, Prepper, Prepping, Self Reliance, SHTF, Survival, TEOTWAWKI, Weapons, Zombies
What makes the AR-15 rifle such an excellent rifle? Allow me to point out some of the reasons that if the SHTF this would be my go to rifle.
- For those coming out of the armed forces, this rifle, operationally will feel very familiar.
- The 556/223 cartridge is an effective, all around, anti-personnel round with good penetration capabilities at close quarter battle ranges.
- Ammo is currently readily available.
- For those properly trained in its use; it is an accurate weapon.
- The weapon is robust, reliable and has a proven track record of performance.
- 30 round magazine capability. A definite advantage when minimizing the number of reloads one needs to perform.
- Multiple configuration options for almost any situation including optics, collapsible stocks, lights, lasers, etc. Mission dictates weapons choice so only add accessories that you need; don’t overdo it.
- Accepts iron sights and or optical sights.
- Flat top or Carry handle options. Flat top has a more stable platform for mounting optics while the carry handle provides a rugged, built in iron sight.
- Weapon and ammunition together are lighter than many other rifle and ammo combinations.
- Can be used for a variety of different survival related defensive tasks.
- Quick and easy disassembly for cleaning and then reassembly.
- Parts are readily available.
- An overall excellent choice of weapon if the SHTF.
Tags: American Rebellion Book 1 of the Revolution, Apocalypse, Armageddon, Books, Conservative, Doomsday, Fiction, Gun Control, Politics, Preparedness, Prepper Fiction, Recommended Reading, Republican, Roger Abramsky, Self Reliance, Survival, Survival Fiction, Weapons, Writing
Act fast………buy my first book American Rebellion Book 1 of the Revolution at the following link
This way when the sequel comes out in March 2013 you’ll be well into the story line 🙂