Gun control – No, no, no, no and no. I hope that makes my position clear. Here are just some of the reasons why.
- The 2nd amendment guarantees me the right to keep and bear arms, which I do, as my life and my families lives are important to me and when all is said and done; it is my responsibility to keep them safe.
- Average time for police to arrive for an intruder 911 call is between 11-18 minutes nationally and a criminal can do a lot of harm to a citizen in that 11-18 minutes before the police arrive. If you were being attacked could you wait 11-18 minutes for help!!!!!!What if you couldn’t dial 911? Weapons in properly trained hands are the great equalizer.
- There are already over 22,000 local, state and federal gun laws on the books which do nothing to stop crime; why, because criminals don’t obey the law. All gun control does is disarm law abiding citizens.
- The more law abiding people who legally carry concealed with proper training, the safer we are as a society. Ever notice why no one goes on a shooting rampage at a gun range, because everyone is armed and any assailant who tried it would be stopped instantly.
- Amazing how those who want gun control have usually never handled a gun or they desperately want a gun for themselves; but want to prohibit anyone else who is a law abiding citizen from having one.
- Think about being unarmed during mass riots or societal breakdown!!!! As they say better to have a gun and not need it then to need one and not have it.