When it comes to preparing for whatever disasters you anticipate might head your way; everyone needs to have a good survival plan. The following is my plan.
- Assess the threat and respond accordingly.
- Maintain and review inventory of prepped supplies and keep sufficient quantities on hand.
- Keep small amounts of bills and coins set aside, as funds through ATM’s, etc., may not be available if the power is out.
- Food and water are top priorities so make sure there is plenty available. A 3 months supply per person including for your pets is a good goal to strive for.
- Guns and sufficient ammo are essential for self defense as well as having proper training in their defensive applications.
- Proper clothing and available medicines should be ready and waiting.
- Your reliable vehicles should all have full gas tanks and there should be a sufficient quantity of spare 5 gallon gas cans filled and ready for use.
- Make sure there is sufficient wood and duraflame logs for the fireplace or woodstove.
- Make sure there is sufficient charcoal available for the grill.
- Keep communications gear fully charged and ready to go.
- Have a sufficient supply of plywood and screws in case anything needs to be boarded up.
- Stay positive and be prepared to adapt as needed.
- Do not overlook personal security.
- Have a working generator available with appropriate power cords and fuel.
- Remember accurate information is critical.
During times of disaster people will become desperate and will resort to acts of violence and desperation. An outlaw mentality will develop as some people begin to feel that society is to blame and that they are entitled to things which they are not entitled to.
If commerce becomes disrupted you must rely on your own logistics. Your goal is to survive a disaster in a better position than those who have not taken the time or effort to prepare themselves. Make sure you know your limitations. You must know what you are capable of and under what conditions you are capable of performing these tasks in.
On a happier note; check out the following fiction books I’ve written which are all available at Amazon.com. You can also get a free preview by clicking on the book cover images to the left of my blog posts on my blog page which will take you to the Amazon.com free preview area. I write in a variety of different fiction generes including post apocalyptic, zombie and horror. If you like what you see consider reading my books.
Post Apocalyptic Fiction Book I’ve Written
- American Rebellion Book 1 of the Revolution
- American Rebellion Book 2 of the Revolution
- American Rebellion Book 3 of the Revolution
- American Rebellion Book 4 of the Revolution
- American Rebellion Book 5 of the Revolution
Zombie Fiction Books I’ve Written
- Biohazard Redacted Book 1 of the Zombie Apocalypse
- Biohazard Redacted Book 2 of the Zombie Apocalypse
Horror Fiction Books I’ve Written
- Anthology of Horror