Zombies; the possibilities are just endless. A fictional undead creature popularized in television shows and books which begs the question, if zombies ever became reality what essential gear would you need to fight them? Here’s a good list of items to get you started.
- Firearms – Recommendations would be an AR-15 chambered in .223, a 12 gauge pump action shotgun using 00 buckshot, and a semi automatic pistol chambered in either 9mm, or 45ACP. Head shots only; as body shots will do nothing to impede a zombies forward motion.
- Ammunition – As much as possible. Let’s face it your firearm becomes nothing more than a club without ammunition.
- Mags – Fully loaded and ready to go.
- Molle Gear – After all you need a way to carry all of those mags, ammo and other related gear.
- Chopping Tools – Hatchets and pummel pipes work well.
- Cutting Tools – Machettes and fixed blade knives will get the job done.
- Flashlights and Batteries – Zombies like to roam at night and after all you need to see where you are going from time to time.
- Bolt Cutters – Sometimes nothing else will do. Serves as both a useful tool and a weapon.
- First Aid Kit – Although if you’re bitten it’s already too late.
- Steel toed boots/thick gloves/protective clothing – Make those zombies work for that bite while you are fighting them off.
You can see 5 of my post apocalyptic fiction books, 2 of my zombie fiction books and 1 of my horror fiction books on the left side of my blog page. Go ahead; take a chance and purchase one or more over at Amazon.com. They are really quite interesting if I do say so myself 🙂