When society crumbles the chances of encountering a life threatening situation increases. Thugs, looters and predators will be out there just waiting to pray upon those that they perceive to be weaker than themselves. Some of these people fear punishment from the law; which keeps them temporarily in line, but once law and order disappears they are free to act upon their baser impulses.
In ordert to survive when society collapses it is important to adhere to the following.
- Move within a large enough group of people; to appear threatening enough that predators will move on to other, easier targets.
- If you are with a smaller group; move in areas which have already been bypassed by predators.
- Learn to blend in with the crowd and do not draw uneccessary attention to yourself.
- Follow the gray man principle which states the mind remembers things which stimulate it; if there is no stimulus, there is no noticing. IE the mind is stimulated and notices fast movements, threatening movements, movements that will intersect your path, bright colors, lights and reflections. Therefore move slowly, in a non threatening manner, do not intersect anothers path, avoid wearing bright colors, avoid using lights when others are without and avoid casting reflections unneccessarily such as in store windows or off of shiny chrome objects, etc.
- A key element to avoiding trouble is to simply not go where you anticipate trouble is.
- Learn to move in and out of areas as needed without drawing attention to yourself.
- Be properly armed for self defense but know your limitations.
- When society crumbles; staying alive and healthy are your primary concerns. When the thin veneer of civilization is ripped away and the underlying evil that people are capable of is revealed, you need to be properly prepared mentally, physically and emotionally for what you may need to do to survive.
You can see 5 of my post apocalyptic fiction books, 2 of my zombie fiction books and 1 of my horror fiction books on the left side of my blog page. Go ahead; take a chance and purchase one or more over at Amazon.com. They are really quite interesting if I do say so myself 🙂