Everyone should have a survival plan which covers what to do if and when a survival or preparedness situation arises. If you do not have a plan you need to create one. If you do have a plan; make sure it addresses the following things. Your plan should cover all of the following; and if you haven’t thought about these issues, now is the time to do so.
- Do you have sufficient stockpiles of food and water?
- How will you acquire additional supplies if the disaster is long term?
- How will you purify your water?
- What communications methods will you utilize?
- How will you handle first aid situations?
- How will you defend your location?
- What home or bug out location security protocols are in place?
- What weapons are available to you and how proficient are you with them?
- Will you try and survive in place or will you bug out?
- Will you try and survive on your own? With your family? Or with a larger group of people?
- What will you use for cash or barter?
- How will you handle refugees that approach your home or bug out location?
- What will you do for fuel?
- How will you handle physical, mental, and emotional needs?
- How will you handle light, noise, and sanitation issues?
- Will you trade with others? Will you take in any refugees or turn them away?
- How will you handle heating, cooling, and lighting?
- How long do you expect your current prepped supplies to last if they could not immediately be restocked?
You can see all 5 of my post apocalyptic fiction books, 2 of my zombie fiction books and 1 of my horror fiction books on the left side of my blog page. Go ahead; take a chance and purchase one or more over at Amazon.com. They are really quite interesting to read if I do say so myself and they also make excellent gifts 🙂