Here are some important considerations to think about if and when a disaster scenario occurs. Being aware of them and having a workable plan could prove life saving if you find yourself in a disaster or post apocalypse situation. After all it’s only a matter of time before you may have to deal with the following realities.
- Neighbors in many places are not as willing to help out as they once were since both the moral and religous fiber of our society has crumbled away.
- Pre-collapse civil disorder has already begun in places and stringent gun control laws in effect in certain locales makes defending yourself and your family that much harder.
- If widespread disasters occur; expect that law enforcement will abandon their posts if it comes down to a choice of protecting society or protecting their own families. Cops are only human and like the rest of us; family comes first. (Remember Hurricane Katrina).
- Looting, rioting and criminal behavior will be rampant and those who are well armed and well trained will have a better chance of not being victimized then those who are unarmed and poorly trained.
- Disasters may force people to be self sufficient and self reliant for extended periods of time. Are you adequately prepared for this? Do you have the skills and gear required to survive? If not you need to develop those skills and get that gear now.
- Food, water, shelter, medical supplies, guns, ammo and related items will be survival essentials that you should have sufficient quantities of before disaster strikes. Trying to get them afterwards will be extremely difficult if not almost impossible.
- Trust needs to be earned. Actions speak louder than words. You are ultimately responsible for your own survival.
You can see all 5 of my post apocalyptic fiction books, 2 of my zombie fiction books and 1 of my horror fiction books on the left side of my blog page. Go ahead and purchase one or more over at Amazon.com. They are really quite interesting and entertaining to read.