Life is meant to be lived and enjoyed to the fullest. You should live the way you want, work at something you enjoy doing, reside where you want and get as much satisfaction from life as possible. Along with that however, it is also prudent to be prepared for situations in life where things are contra to your best interests. Disasters such as social unrest, war, famine, societal collapse, escalations in violent crime, etc., are just some of the things that in this day and age are of concern to many. So, along with enjoying the good times, it is also important to prepare for the bad times.
The following are the things I consider the most important for preparing for your own survival during times of crisis.
- There is no such thing as having too much canned food or water set aside. If disaster strikes, grocery stores may not be available to supplement your needs. You must maintain a minimum of 3 months worth of food and water per person.
- Yes, yes, yes you must have a sufficient amount of guns and ammunition and be well versed in their use. You may have sufficient quantities of emergency supplies, but if others try and forcibly take them, you must be able to hold onto what you have.
- People can and will panic during disasters so avoid large crowds and any areas subject to martial law and or rioting.
- Use common sense and good judgement when deciding whom to trust.
- Always keep small amounts of cash on hand. A disaster may render ATM’s and credit card systems useless. If so, cash or barter may be the only ways to immediately conduct business.
- Take responsibility for your own survival. Ability without character is useless. Remain as moral and as ethical during times of crisis as you deem prudent.
You can see all 5 of my post apocalyptic fiction books, 2 of my zombie fiction books and 1 of my horror fiction books on the left side of my blog page. Go ahead and purchase one or more over at Amazon.com. They are really quite interesting and entertaining to read if I do say so myself.