So you’ve survived the apocalypse and now you find yourself trying to stay alive in a hostile world filled with thugs, criminals, looters and raiders. They are everywhere; so to increase your survival chances you must minimize any target indicators that you potentially can give off.
A target indicator is anything that will reveal your location to an enemy. As you move throughout the post apocalyptic world avoid giving off the following target indicators.
- Avoid walking on creaky wooden floors or stepping on twigs or branches.
- Avoid your reflection showing in windows, mirrors and other shiny surfaces.
- Avoid giving off shadows.
- Avoid having your gun muzzle protrude from around a corner.
- Avoid the sounds of your clothing scraping against a wall.
- Avoid leaving a previously closed door open after you have entered a location and vice versa.
- Avoid leaving the smell of tobacco in a location where that smell was not present before.
- Avoid colognes and scented soaps as these smells can be easy to track.
- Avoid leaving footprints especially muddy footprints.
- Avoid leaving palm prints on foggy windows.
- Avoid talking when not necessary as sounds can travel a good distance.
- Avoid wearing gear and other equipment which rattles.
- Avoid quick and jerky movements.
- Avoid creating strong cooking odors.
You can take a look at some of my apocalyptic, zombie, or horror fiction books on the left side of my blog page by clicking on the book cover images. If they interest you then I hope you will consider purchasing a copy