Safety and security are important considerations when going about your day to day activities. It begins with having a proper mindset and exhibiting confidence in your movements and actions. You must maintain situational awareness which is knowing and anticipating what is going on around you. If something feels wrong or dangerous then that is your bodies way of telling you to “watch out, there is danger here.”
Criminals look for people they perceive as being easy victims; so you must appear to be a hard target. Most criminals will avoid anyone they sense will put up a struggle or will fight back and cause them injury. Here are some real world tips to help you stay safe and secure.
- Avoid using out of the way ATM’s.
- Stay away from poorly lit places.
- Lock up your home properly.
- Thoroughly scan parking lots before parking and keep your doors locked.
- If someone is loitering consider them as up to no good and avoid them.
- Do not take shortcuts between rows of parked cars and never walk next to a van.
- Tunnels, alleys, bridges, and paths by rivers are all potential choke points which means only one way in and one way out, which makes it perfect for assailants to await ambush opportunities.
- Don’t walk or jog through parks and wooded paths alone.
- Stay out of known high crime areas.
You can take a look at some of my apocalyptic, zombie, or horror fiction books on the left side of my blog page by clicking on the book cover images. If they interest you then I hope you will consider purchasing a copy.