When it comes to disaster and survival situations, there are some common sense survival things that everyone should know.
- Survival requires proper planning and good gear.
- Food, water, guns, ammo and other necessary survival gear should be already stocked before a survival situation occurs.
- Avoid dehydration and starvation at all costs.
- Have a secure, well stocked, defendable location available.
- Firearms and knives for defensive purposes are essential.
- Avoid strange, dangerous areas and strange, dangerous people.
- Crowds can quickly turn violent and can get you killed.
- Light and noise discipline when appropriate is essential.
- People will fight over scant resources.
- Thugs will try and take what you have.
- Martial law is always bad.
- People who thought you were nuts for prepping when times were good will start showing up on your doorstep when times are bad.
- Never show weakness.
- You must rely on yourself.
- A welfare mentality will get you killed.
- Trust your sixth sense. If something seems wrong then it is wrong.
- Bad guys with guns should be avoided. If you cannot avoid them then you need to be better armed then they are.
You can take a look at some of my apocalyptic, zombie, or horror fiction books on the left side of my blog page by clicking on the book cover images. If they interest you then I hope you will consider purchasing a copy.