So you have your pistol permit and are considering purchasing a handgun. Here are some important items to consider. Remember to always verify that any firearm is unloaded before handling.
- Make sure the handgun is in a sufficient caliber to be able to use for self defense purposes and is not too much caliber for you to comfortably handle.
- Make sure the firearm holds a sufficient quantity of ammunition for your needs.
- Grip the pistol firmly and make sure you can achieve a good and proper firing grip.
- With the firearm verified as unloaded, squeeze the trigger and make sure it is not too heavy. You should be able to pull the trigger straight back without any deviation.
- Make sure the front and rear sights are in proper alignment and will achieve quick target acquisition.
- Make sure the pistol has a good history of reliability and accuracy.
- Don’t be swayed by salesmen who are trying to push a particular make or model. Do your research beforehand and purchase what works best for you.
- Make sure you receive proper instruction and train on a regular basis with your firearm.
You can take a look at some of my apocalyptic, zombie, or horror fiction books on the left side of my blog page by clicking on the book cover images. If they interest you then I hope you will consider purchasing a copy