The following, in no particular order, are my recommendations for the best 12 gauge pump action shotguns. I’ve been fortunate enough to try many makes and models and these are my personal favorites.
- Mossberg 590A1
- Mossberg 500
- Mossberg 835
- Remington 870 Express Tactical
- Remington 887
- H&R Pardner (Remington Clone)
When it comes to 12 gauge pump action shotguns look for one that holds the quantity of shotshells that you need, is comfortable to hold and use, and works for its intended purpose. Accessories are plentiful and the accessories I recommend are as follows.
- Ghost Ring Sights (Mossberg, Remington or homemade)
- Extra shell holders on both the buttstock and the opposite side of the ejection port (TacStar or ATI)
- Clamp Flashlight holder (Tacstar or ATI)
- Flashlight (Surefire)
- Heatshield when needed (Tacstar or ATI)
- Single Point Sling Adapter (Blackhawk)
- Single Point Sling (Many good quality makes for this. Use the one you prefer)
- Full stock on most models is preferable, folding stock is a secondary option (either ATI or Knoxx for folding stocks), no buttstock is not recommended.
- Slip On Recoil Pad (Pachmayr)
You can get a free preview of my first zombie fiction book or my first five post apocalyptic fiction survival books by clicking on the book cover images to the left of this blog post, on my blog page, which will take you to the Amazon.com website. Then you can click on the look inside option which will give you a free preview. If my zombie or survival fiction books interest you; then consider purchasing them. Book titles include Biohazard Redacted Book 1 of the Zombie Apocalypse, American Rebellion Book 1 of the Revolution, American Rebellion Book 2 of the Revolution, American Rebellion Book 3 of the Revolution, American Rebellion Book 4 of the Revolution and American Rebellion Book 5 of the Revolution.