So The SHTF and the ultimate survival scenario is thrust upon you. When all is said and done you need to make sure that whatever rifle you consider your primary survival rifle is up to the task. So ask yourself the following questions to see if your survival rifle is the best choice for your all around needs.
- Is the rifle accurate enough?
- Is ammo plentiful and do you have a good method to carry all that additional ammo?
- Are spare parts available?
- Do you have enough reliable mags and a good method to carry the mags?
- Is the rifle durable enough?
- Do any of the modifications you’ve made make it too fragile for heavy duty use?
- Is the rifle easily transportable?
- Can you use a carry strap or sling with the rifle? They can get heavy when carrying for extended periods of time without one.
- Is the rifle usable at night and in extreme weather conditions?
Remember having mutiple rifles and being proficient with them is fantastic; but you are basically only going to use and or carry one at a time so make your decisions wisely.
The following is a list of fiction books I have written. You can get a free preview of my first zombie fiction book or my first five post apocalyptic fiction survival books by clicking on the book cover images to the left of this blog post, on my blog page, which will take you to the Amazon.com website. Then you can click on the look inside option which will give you a free preview. If my zombie or survival fiction books interest you; then go ahead and make a purchase. Book titles include Biohazard Redacted Book 1 of the Zombie Apocalypse, American Rebellion Book 1 of the Revolution, American Rebellion Book 2 of the Revolution, American Rebellion Book 3 of the Revolution, American Rebellion Book 4 of the Revolution and American Rebellion Book 5 of the Revolution.